OVERVIEW / FREELANCE
- Developed and executed content strategies with high volumes of new content, tight integrations and deadlines, sophisticated content calendars with multiple inputs, clear taxonomies and well structured metadata, and the repurposing of previously enjoyed content of many types.
- Wrote copy for various integrated marketing campaigns, both print and digital.
- Wrote thought leadership articles on marketing for industry leaders.
- Wrote movie & TV reviews and articles on bullying and other LGBTQ issues.
- Edited copy for everything from full digital and print campaigns to RFPs, presentations, copy decks, brochures, fashion catalogs, textbooks, novels, comic books, and more.
- Led a team of writers, copy editors, program managers, and a content strategist to build Petcentric into the premiere online destination for pet lovers, all while gaining conversions and building brand affinity for Purina.
- Wrote and published hundreds—and edited thousands—of articles on topics from pet care & training to the science behind behavior and nutrition.
- Developed and executed new content strategies for Purina, Nestlé, and Pernod Ricard.
- Developed video strategies, wrote scripts, and sourced & edited photos and videos for clients.
- Led a team through product conception and naming of a new digital tool to “solve the dinnertime dilemma” for convenience seekers, while growing share of basket for Nestlé.
- Organized and presented our biggest, boldest cultural event of the year, the Creep Focus Halloween Film Festival, where any employee could enter a short horror film for a chance to win cash prizes, fame, and glory.
- Wrote copy for American Express digital campaigns and versioned emails per user segmentation.
- Edited copy for a large number of accounts, from finance to pharma.
- Created and maintained a comprehensive style guide covering hundreds of products and services with widely varying styles and rules of usage.
- Edited copy for all Marvel comic books, trade paperback books, encyclopedias, and some young adult novels.
- Wrote descriptions, blurbs, and other copy as needed.
- Loved saying, "I read comic books," when asked what I did for a living.